Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Phd comics

Came across this site - phdcomics.com, which publishes comics regarding the life of PhD students.

Interesting. Even 1 month before I actually start my PhD, I'm already starting to 'feel' some of the comics. Here are some of my favourites.

1. On academic salaries, i.e. your salary prospect if you complete your PhD and then work in the academia.

2. On the life ambition of someone pursuing PhD.

3. On why people would pursue PhD.

4. On the vicious cycle that I'm already in right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world (heck?!) of grad students. As the author Jorge Cham mentioned once, soon you will either laugh or cry while reading his comics...

Ir. Dr. K.C. Ng said...

Hmpss...all depends on yourself how you want the PhD to be like.