Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy new year 2009...

I know it's a bit late for a blogpost titled 'new year'. It's 5 days into 2009 and I haven't update my blog for weeks.

But really, I've been busy. There has been a lot of farewells and weddings in the month of December. These, coupled with me getting sick in bed for almost 5 days means I've almost no time to blog about the new year. (few days back, I have a tremendous time partying at Siew CJ's house with UM debate team. Once again, thank you for your generosity. Snowpiano, my once 'formidable adversary', wrote a simple but meanigful post about this here).

This year will be an exciting year. It will be exciting, because there will be numerous challenges ahead of me, and even more uncertainty. As always, I believe that what that does not kill us, will only make us stronger. And the obstacles ahead will only mean I will be a better person at the end of this year, whatever the outcome. All I would want to wish, is for the people around me to be happy; my loved ones to be healthy; and that I shall always be with my loved ones. I wish for these, because these are what I alone cannot control or determine, but they are only what one could wish for, that fate will be kind to you. Also, but not the least, because these matter most to me as a person.

I've blogged about my route to Phd in Cambridge in the past here, here and here. It was a long ordeal and it has definitely influenced my career goals and me as a person. But as I mentioned in my previous entries, that many good things have come out of this ordeal. Among them, is this blog, which I would have never started if I started my PhD in April. Going for my PhD in UK is a difficult decision. More so because I've met some wonderful people here in Malaysia and I have little doubt that they will be irreplacable.

This isn't goodbye.

I once watch a movie starring Dakota Fanning. At the end of the movie, she says, "the ending of a chapter, only signifies the beginning of another." My dear friends, believe me when I say that this isn't the end or goodbye. This is actually to reaffirm that we will meet again, very soon.

No comments: